Monday, May 4, 2015

A day in the life of me!


(Also lets just pretend I've been blogging this whole time.)
 
Happy Monday! 
 
Perhaps more happy for me than others as I have the day off of work, but still, every day can be a happy day!
I began my day by waking up at 6 and spending 20 minutes in bed checking social media and emails. I didn't stay in bed as long as usual because I like to get Zuzu up early so she is sleepy and calm for most of the morning. (On work days I take her out at 630 and then it's right back into the crate for another snooze until Brian gets her out at 8:30. ) 
 
Zuzu's morning face:
 
 

Instead of getting my workout out of the way, I decided to have a relaxed morning with one of my favorite breakfasts:  Green tea and a bowl of quick oats mixed with a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and dried cherries.
 
 
 
 
Zuzu waiting patiently on her pillow for me to put her on the couch. She's so sweet and perfectly behaved in the mornings. 



After lounging around and having a second cup of tea I decided to get my workout in.  I did yoga yesterday so today was a more intense workout involving hiit training. 

Z usually needs to be restrained with a leash around a weight otherwise she is into everything! In the mornings though she usually naps in her bed. 
 

 
 I made myself a shakeology shake after the workout but unfortunately I was out of bananas and even with the frozen berries it was not as good. :(


 
After showering and making myself look presentable  I played with Z for a bit and then made lunch: an open faced tuna melt on toasted Ezekiel bread, carrots and sweet peas. 


 
A little while later Brian took a short work break to take a walk with me and Zuzu.  Z is still learning to walk nicely and she does much better when Brian and I are on either side of her as opposed to just one of us walking her. 



Then it was time to paint! 
After a long hiatus I am FINALLY getting back into it. I've taken a good 2-3 months off due to lack of motivation and raising a puppy. Mostly the former.  I made it a goal today to get some painting done in Brian's office. I needed to finish a small section of the wainscoting on one wall and also put the first coat of paint on the built in desk.  



The desk has been sitting there with only primer on it for a long time which is not good because I read that primer is somewhat sticky and any dust or dirt will cling to it.  Luckily, despite my procrastination the desk didn't look terrible and I was able to wipe it down with a cloth and call it good before starting to paint.  The desk is kind of a poor excuse for a built in, but at least it will look better and bring more light to the room then it did with the glossy black paint.  Since I am not the one to rip out a built in, I've gotta work with what I got! (And what I got is a paint brush and white paint.)
 



The painting took less than an hour and afterward I headed to the grocery store to grab some zucchini. I bought a spiralizer a few months ago and there was no zucchini to be found.   I'm so happy it's so easy to find now.  Did you know in England they call zuchinni 'courgettes'?  I learned that from EssieButton on YouTube.


 
On the menu for tonight was garlic zucchini pasta with shrimp. I mixed in some regular pasta so it was a bit more filling and also because we have a bit of spaghetti pasta to get through. 


 

The pasta turned out excellently and was a real crowd/Brian pleaser. 
 
 Now the kitchen is somewhat clean and we are watching "The Holiday" and it's 842 and about time for me to get ready for bed.

I'll leave you with my favorite photo of the day:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment