Friday, October 25, 2013

NEEDTOBREATHE concert

 
Wednesday night was the NEEDTOBREATHE concert I've been looking forward to for a month or so. I am a big fan of NTB though I haven't known about them for very long. They toured with Taylor Swift a couple of years ago and they are probably considered a Christian band though their music gets progressively less "Christian radio station-y" with each album. Their current sound is a mix between folk and rock. I could listen to their album "The Reckoning" over and over (and have been) and never get sick of it (minus song #7 which I'm happy to report, they didn't play at the concert).
 
 

 
 
 
Brian and I went to the Watermark Grille for dinner before the concert and ordered four appetizers. (Watermark Wednesdays = half off apps!) This blog is probably going to turn me into one of those people who take pictures of everything they eat (sorryI'mnotsorry) but hopefully I'll be better at remembering to take pictures before we eat so I don't end up with a bunch of photos of empty plates and half eaten food. Nobody wants to see that. (toobadenjoy)
 
 
 
 
Sometimes I get disappointed when I go to a concert and the band/singer sounds terrible live (ie. Lifehouse, though we think the lead singer was sick) but NTB put on a great sounding show. Even their opening band "The Wild Feathers" was pretty good.  The concert took place at a fine arts center so most people sat in the auditorium seating but Brian and I stood with the crowd at the front of the stage. It was a little weird/fun because the floor would move like crazy when people were jumping along to the music. We must have been on top of the orchestra pit. 

Here's a little clip of one of the songs they performed:




The last song of the night they played acoustically on the second level at the back of the auditorium which was pretty cool. It doesn't sound the greatest on video, but here it is anyway.
 



All in all it was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment